1) What is the largest organelle in most mature living plant cells?
A) central vacuole
B) dictyosome (Golgi apparatus)
2) Which of the following is not a characteristic of parenchyma cells?
A) lack of specialization
B) little metabolism and synthesis
C) lack of secondary walls
D) thin primary walls
E) flexible primary walls
3) Which of the following tissues is incorrectly matched with its characteristics?
A) parenchymahorizontalthin-walled, loosely packed, unspecialized cells
B) sclerenchymahorizontalheavily lignified secondary walls
C) epidermishorizontalprotective outer covering of plant body
D) collenchymahorizontaluniformly thick-walled supportive tissue
E) meristematic tissuehorizontalundifferentiated tissue capable of cell division
4) The fiber cells of plants are a type of
D) xylem cell.
E) meristematic cell.
5) The best word to describe the growth of plants in general is
6) What is one result of an organism having meristems?
A) a rapid change from juvenile to adult state
B) a rapid change from a vegetative state to a reproductive state
C) a seasonal change in leaf morphology
D) production of a fixed number of segments during growth
E) indeterminate, life-long growth
7) Which of the following are primary meristems?
B) ground meristem
D) Only A and C are primary meristems.
E) A, B, and C are primary meristems.
8 All of the following are primary meristems of a plant except
A) epidermis only.
B) protoderm only.
C) ground meristem only.
D) procambium only.
E) both procambium and protoderm.
9) From which tissue does primary phloem in the root develop?
C) vascular cambium
D) ground tissue
10) The vascular bundle in the shape of a single central cylinder in a root is called the