The human digestive system is a complex process that consists of breaking down large organic masses into smaller particles that the body can use as fuel. The breakdown of the nutrients requires the coordination of several enzymes secreted from specialized cells within the mouth, stomach, intestines, and liver. The major organs or structures that coordinate digestion within the human body include the mouth, esophagus, stomach, small and large intestine, and liver.
Here few questions to test your Knowledge in Digestive system
1. Tissue lining the esophagus is
2. Which of the following is a connective tissue?
3. Similar cells which are joined together form
A. a tissue.
B. an organ.
D. an organ system.
4. Tissues that hold structures together and provide support and protection are
A. nerve tissues.
B. epithelial tissues.
C. epidermis tissues.
5. 1. Organ 2. Cell 3. Organ system 4. Tissue From left to right, the sequence that represents increasing complexity is
A. 1, 3, 2, 4
B. 2, 1, 3, 4
C. 2, 4, 1, 3
D. 2, 4, 3, 1
6. Blood is a type of
A. nervous tissue.
B. epithelial tissue.
C. muscular tissue.
D. connective tissue.
7. Digestion is defined as the process whereby
A. glucose is converted to glycogen.
B. carbon dioxide is reduced to carbohydrate.
C. proteins are absorbed into the bloodstream.
D. food is chemically and physically broken down.
8. Which of the following describes peristalsis?
A. the physical breakdown of fats
B. production of vitamins by E. coli
C. release of enzymes by the pancreas
D. muscle contractions of the digestive tract
9. A patient complains of a burning sensation in the chest. This was found to be caused by gastric juice in the esophagus. The structure most likely not functioning properly is the
C. pyloric sphincter.
D. cardiac sphincter.
10. Chewing food aids digestion by
A. stimulating the release of bile.
B. increasing the surface area of the food.
C. breaking up large protein molecules into peptides.
D. completing the chemical breakdown of carbohydrates.