Biochemistry is the application of chemistry to the study of biological processes at the cellular and molecular level. It emerged as a distinct discipline around the beginning of the 20th century when scientists combined chemistry, physiology and biology to investigate the chemistry of living systems.[wp_campaign_1]
Here few question on General Biochemistry
1. A drug which prevents uric acid synthesis by inhibiting the enzyme xanthine oxidase is
2. Which of the following is required for crystallization and storage of the hormone insulin?
3. Oxidation of which substance in the body yields the most calories
4. Milk is deficient in which vitamins?
(A) Vitamin C
(B) Vitamin A
(C) Vitamin B2
(D) Vitamin K
5. Milk is deficient of which mineral?
6. Synthesis of prostaglandinsis is inhibited by
7. HDL is synthesized and secreted from
8. Which are the cholesterol esters that enter cells through the receptor-mediated endocytosis of lipoproteins hydrolyzed?
(A) Endoplasmin reticulum
(C) Plasma membrane receptor
9. Which of the following phospholipids is localized to a greater extent in the outer leaflet of the membrane lipid bilayer?
(A) Choline phosphoglycerides
(B) Ethanolamine phosphoglycerides
(C) Inositol phosphoglycerides
(D) Serine phosphoglycerides
10. All the following processes occur rapidly in the membrane lipid bilayer except
(A) Flexing of fatty acyl chains
(B) Lateral diffusion of phospholipids
(C) Transbilayer diffusion of phopholipids
(D) Rotation of phospholipids around their long axes