The ability to reproduce is one of the unifying characteristics of all living things. Sexual reproduction produces offspring that are genetically different from their parents. Asexual reproduction produces offspring genetically identical to their parent.
Here few Questions about reproductive system:[wp_campaign_1]
1. In mammals that are seasonal breeders, females are receptive only once a year. This is called
A) a follicular cycle
B) an estrous cycle
C) a menstrual cycle
D) a luteal cycle
2. After sperm are produced, they are delivered first to the
A) vas deferens
D) seminal vesicle
3. Which of the following animals has an amniotic egg?
A) a frog
B) a sea turtle
C) a fish
D) all of the above
E) none of the above
4. Progesterone is produced by the
A) corpus luteum
C) seminiferous tubules
D) pituitary gland
5. Ovulation is caused by the hormone
6. How many chromosomes does a normal, mature, human sperm cell contain?
7. What is the name of the vesicle at the tip of a sperm cell that contains enzymes that will help the sperm cell penetrate an egg cell it encounters?
D) Sertoli cell
8. During the excitement phase of intercourse, what makes the human penis enlarge and become rigid?
D) contracted muscles
9. Which of the following is the largest in size?
A) mature sperm cell
B) mature egg cell
C) polar body
D) they are all approximately the same size
10. The lining or inner layer of the uterus is called the